Privacy Statement and Consent to use of Data at Abcon Industrial Products LTD
Who we are
The Information we collect about you
By filling in forms on our website; on our B2B web shop; corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise; registering or opening your customer account; placing an order and if you report a problem with our website, we may collect the following information:
• Name, job title and customer number
• contact information including telephone number and email address
• demographic information such as postcode
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Statistical data such as that we collect from visits to our online shop or website cannot be connected directly with your person and as such is not included. An example of these statistics would be details of those pages on that are particularly popular or of the number of users visiting specific pages.
For all of our B2B customers appropriately registering with us, we will set up password protected, direct access to his/her data records (customer account) saved by us. We would ask that all customers treat their personal access data with the strictest of confidence and to not make it accessible to any unauthorised third parties. Abcon Industrial Products Ltd cannot assume any liability of the misuse of passwords unless we are responsible for the misuse concerned.
How we use your information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• For the overall handling of your purchase and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services and to provide you with information about other products and services that we may offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
• For existing customers we will only contact you by electronic means with information about products or services similar to those, which were subject of a previous sale or negotiations of sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not wish us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
• We may periodically send by post or by promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and does not include IP addresses or any personal information it just provides us with a general overview of numbers of site visits and region.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict or withdraw the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All requests to restrict or withdraw any personal information held will be dealt with immediately and checked internally by a Senior Manager to confirm it has been deleted.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Right of Access to your information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act, 1988 & Data Protection (Amendment) Act, 2003. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Abcon Industrial Products Ltd. CavMac Hose Building, Cavan Road, Cootehill, Co. Cavan, H16 HY64. Ireland.
Right of verification of your information
Data protection is very important to Abcon Industrial Products Ltd. Therefore we strive to comply strictly with the statutory provisions set out under the Act including only needing to hold accurate, complete and up to date information. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How long we hold your data
Abcon Industrial Products Ltd confirm that we will not hold onto any personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. With regard to credit card information, once the transaction has been finalised it is our policy to delete the details, unless we have obtained the consent of customers to retain details to ease future transactions.
Changes to our Privacy Statement